We saw some models and materials to be used on roofs. From natural to most artificial materials, there is a wide variety of styles to choose from, and each has advantages and disadvantages.
The roof can give your home a different style or even make a space that was not being used much more useful. If you need more closed rooms and have an open area, a roof may be the solution and for emergency service, hire a professional.
Also, for the heat, a rooftop terrace can bring a little more freshness to the environment.
When choosing the roof, some factors must be taken into account. Follow:
- Resistance to strong winds or rain and hail
- Weight to the support structure
- Visual: combines or emphasizes the style of the residence
- Slope: must have the correct slope not to retain water
- Sustainability: use of recyclable materials that do not harm the environment
- If the coverage is within the existing legislation for construction
It is essential to carefully assess the type of coverage that is appropriate for your residence. Slope and framing can be factors that impose certain limits on the choice.
If you live, for example, in places more prone to windstorms, the material needs to have high wind resistance. Some measures during installation also improve the roof’s resistance to wind and weather. Keep an eye on your roof warranty. The tile manufacturer must guarantee coverage for any defects, and the company that will cover it must be responsible for the proper installation.
Even with a guarantee, it is best to choose a respected manufacturer of one the best company who can bear the losses in the event of a problem. The construction company must also provide a service contract.
Precautions To Take Before Roofing
- Prefer products of proven quality – This will directly influence the durability of the roof.
- Take into account the slope of the roof – On the tiles, make sure the degree of inclination they are indicated. This is important because the incorrect use of a tile, whether with a slope greater or less than that indicated by the manufacturer, can compromise the roof’s properties and allow external agents’ entry, such as sun and rain.
- Analyze what type of tile matches the shape of the roof and the style of the building as a whole
- Hire professionals specialized in structuring roofs, fittings, and fixing tiles – The edges of the tiles must be well fixed so that the edge of one does not raise that of the others, causing the domino effect.