If you have a lawn in front of your home, you need to maintain its health to ensure that it looks green, well-managed, and adds to your home’s aesthetics. One of the best ways to take care of your lawn is by aerating it regularly, along with a proper watering and mowing routine. However, many people are unaware of how to proceed with this technique and the best way to aerate a lawn.
Aeration: What Exactly Is It?
Aeration involves the method of eliminating soil plugs or cores for maintaining your lawn by clearing the small pieces of dirt from its surface. It is helpful for every lawn owner to learn lawn aeration tips as it cleans up the surface and makes way for proper air circulation at the roots.
It is also important to know the best height to cut the grass and maintain a healthy growth of the grass.
Tips for Aerating Your Lawn
- Keep the tools handy: While you are planning to aerate your lawn, it is important to keep all the tools with you that are essential for properly aerating the area. Whether you are going for the spike method or plug method, both require a set of machines. You can also look for professional help for lawn mowing in Cumming.
- Do not go for dry soil: When it comes to aerating, dry soil must be avoided at all costs. The problem with dry soil is, it is very hard and may create a mess of the situation. It is best to go for aeration after rain or when the lawn is all wet.
- The frequency depends on the lawn traffic: You need to understand that the frequency of aeration for your private lawn depends on the crowd that comes in contact with it. There are parts of your lawn that may require more aeration than others.
- Do it within your budget: There are several experts offering services for lawn mowing in Cumming that are affordable. The cost would, of course, depend on the surface that needs to be aerated. Else, you can choose to invest in your own set of machinery and tools.
- Make longer tines: This is the best way to go as it allows the water and fertilizer to seep into the soil and work their magic.